First photos: Israeli athletes share their arrival in Korea for Winter Olympics
Team spends first days in Pyeongchang practicing and posing for pics.
"Wow! I can't believe I am heading out to the 2018 Olympic Games," said Israeli figure skater Daniel Samohin. "Here we go!"
PHOTOS: Israel at the Winter Olympics
And away they went. Members of the team departed from JFK International Airport earlier this week and headed to Pyeongchang, South Korea. Below are some photos from the trip and their first days on the ground...
More Winter Olympic coverage on From The Grapevine:
- Israel to send its largest delegation ever to Winter Olympics
- Israel's best ski racer ready for Olympic stage
- Fresh off a gold in Europe, Israeli speed skater reveals his 'biggest dream'
- In his final Olympics, Alexey Bychenko skating for a place in history
- With no coach, this Israeli skeleton athlete learned the sport by watching YouTube videos
- Figure skater still pinching herself that Olympic dream coming true
- Figure skater chosen to be Israeli flag bearer at Olympic Games
- Olympic dreams come true thanks to unlikely partnership
- First photos: Israeli athletes share their arrival in Korea for Winter Olympics
- Young skaters to carry on Israel’s ice dancing tradition
- Daniel Samohin: 'I take risks because I skate for Israel'
- Slideshow: Photos of the Israeli athletes at the Olympics
- Aimee Buchanan shares videos and photos from her Olympic debut
- Video: Interview with father of Israeli Olympian Itamar Biran
- How a Midwestern girl ended up covering the Israeli team at the Winter Olympics
- Israeli Olympians impress in men's individual figure skating
- Video: Israeli alpine skier reflects on his Olympic debut
MORE FROM THE GRAPEVINE: