Spicy corn salad
Level up your barbecue with this zesty side dish.
Corn is king, and this recipe gives you an excellent reason to use it. Plus, it gives you an excuse to head to your nearest farmers market to find the freshest summer produce.
Tip: If you really like this salad hot, don't seed the jalapeno.
- 1 15-ounce can whole kernel corn, well-drained
- 1 jalapeno, peeled and diced
- 1 large cucumber, scored and cubed
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
Combine jalapeno, oil, lime juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and the cilantro in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to fully combine.
Add in corn, cucumbers and tomatoes. Toss until all ingredients are coated.
Top with chopped parsley.
Chill in the fridge for an hour before serving. Enjoy!
BTW, here is a great tip on peeling corn if you want to use fresh corn. It is the season!