Grilled pineapple and sausage kebabs
This sweet-spicy combination of pineapple and sausage on skewers will rock your taste buds.
My daughter says you can’t let the weather control you. So if it’s the dead of winter and you want to grill tropical fruit, why by all means, knock yourself out. And if you live up North, knock all the snow off your grill while you’re at it. Or use one of those nifty indoor George Foreman grills like I did, and you can stay all warm and toasty while you grill up these sweet, sticky sausage skewers.
It’s something a little different for when the same old, same old just gets – well, old.
- 4 spicy sausages (I use Italian-style Tofurkey), thickly sliced
- 1/2 pineapple, cored and sliced thick
- 1 orange pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 red onion, cut into large chunks
- squirt of maple syrup or honey
- drizzle of olive oil
- dash black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
Mix veggies and sausage slices with honey, oil and seasonings and toss to coat.
Slide chunks onto skewers and grill 5 minutes on each side.